Featured Post

Why waste water? Use the Ilford Archival Wash Method

After processing your film or printing paper, it is necessary to remove the chemicals from the photographic material. Mostly the fixer will...

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Film Photography Project: New Film: DEREV PAN

The Film Photography Project is offering a new line of films, called Derev Pan.  The film is hand-rolled, fresh scientific aerial photographic film.  This film is not an expired film, but a currently manufactured film from the Ukraine.  The name of the film comes from the Ukrainian for tree. 

The film will be available in ISO 100, 200 and 400, and is a fine to extremely fine grain film.  The price is an affordable $5.99 per 36 exposure roll.

See some tests here, where Alex Luyckx proclaims of this film, "I knew I had a winner as soon as I pulled the film out of the tank, and was blown away when I the images up onto my screen. The images have that typical brightness I find when processing in Pyrocat-HD not to mention a good tonality and smooth contrast."

Looks like 2019 is not going to slow down adding new films for analogue photographers to try.